Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Coral Cottage Gets a Facial!

Don't you love how you feel when you put on your best outfit and you know you look good?  Appearance isn't the most important thing but looking our best certainly can help our sense of well-being....so Jane Coslick and I decided early on that The Coral Cottage should be painted.

Here is a "Before" picture of the little cottage as it was when we bought it--a cement structure that looked a little tired:




And here she is with a fresh coat of paint thanks to Horton Remodeling.  Note the coral colored front door.  Just wait until we finish with the trim and shutters! 




 I would be a little nervous about how bright the colors are if I had not already seen some of Jane's other projects.  Jane has been involved with many Tybee cottage renovations and she is a genius with color schemes.  She kindly allowed me to share some of the pictures from her website--if you want to see more just click on the names of each cottage. Here are a few of her other projects:

Fish Camp Before

 
Fish Camp After






Key Lime Parrot Before

Key Lime Parrot After
Key Lime Closeup



Amazing Grace Before


Amazing Grace After



These cottages certainly are looking good and I can't wait to see The Coral Cottage when she is finished--in the meantime I think she already is feeling better :)  What do you think?  Does your appearance ever impact how you feel?


11 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see it finished as well. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors! I wait with anticipation to see it finished! Thank for allowing us to "join" with you on this journey. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouragement and interest Beth! Looking forward to sharing the pictures!

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean i always think painting a house is like helping her on with her party dress. the more tlc you put into a house the more she gives you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you put that Emma--helping her on with her party dress :) We've been working hard to make the Coral Cottage beautiful--hope you'll follow along. Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Jane is a genius rejuvenator, do you think one day she'll do people? I hope Coral Cottage is the first of many for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I really like about Jane is that she accepts people just the way they are :) but I agree that she is a great cottage rejuvenator! She and I are having a great time giving a new look to The Coral Cottage. Thanks so much for reading and for your comment--hope you'll be back!

      Delete
  5. I love it! We have just recently bought a cottage on the panhandle of Florida. Jane (thru her blog) has inspired me to add color and funky fun to it. I know your cottage will be full of happy! I can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Isn't it fun having a little cottage? I know your cottage will also be full of happy!

      Delete
  6. It's looking great. I love Tybee and wish I could afford to live there. Can't wait to see the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We're working hard to get it ready. Can't wait to to show it to you.

      Delete