Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Introducing The Coral Cottage

While we wait on things to begin with our little cottage that was moved, I'd like to introduce you to The Coral Cottage.  In January my husband and I were looking at Tybee Island for a fixer-upper that we could rent to vacationers who need some Tybee Time (and perhaps use for ourselves one day--we need Tybee Time too).  We rode up and down the island many weekends looking at For Sale signs, looking at properties, etc. 

One day we noticed a For Sale By Owner sign in the yard of this home:




The house was unoccupied so we got out of our car and walked all around the house.  Here is the view from the backyard:




We loved the neighborhood and location on the island so we gave the owner a call.  He was a very nice man whose father had built the house with his own hands.  His family had used the house to escape the heat in Savannah during the dog days of summer in the years before air-conditioning.  They created many wonderful memories at the cottage but all the children who grew up there had now grown older and moved away.  The owner hoped that once again the little cottage could be filled with new children enjoying a fun holiday.  So we arranged to go back and take a little tour of the inside.


Living Room




Sun Porch with Dining Room




Kitchen



There were also two bedrooms and one bathroom.  I loved it--especially the sun porch.  It needed work but I could just imagine this little cottage all spruced up and ready for a new life. So we bought it!  It has been a lot of work and a lot to learn but it has been rewarding.  I have had a good team in Horton Remodeling and Jane Coslick--I will show you what has been happening in some upcoming posts.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your vote of confidence Meghan--it's starting to come together. I can't wait to share the pictures with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,

    Nancy Milligan here. I've been trying to reach you through Jane. I would like to get photos from the Coral Cottage to submit to my editor, and talk to you to get a few more details. Can you please get my contact info from Jane and get in touch? Thanks so much. by the way, the Coral Cottage looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check with Jane before I leave Tybee tomorrow...driving back home tomorrow and getting ready to furnish another cottage! Did you see the post where I showed your picture?

      Delete